Wednesday, July 30, 2014

I'm baaaack!

Hello! So it's been over 2 years since we moved back to Canada. Every now and then someone says "hey, whatever happened to your blog?" and I think about starting it up again but I never did. Until now! I had two people ask me this last week and decided to take the plunge!

Why the hesitation? Well it felt sort of self-centred but the thing about blogs is that they are inherently self-centred. In this world full of selfies and Twitter, do we need yet another person talking endlessly about herself?!

I guess I felt that when we were having our adventure in California I was interesting enough to warrant a blog but now that I'm just a regular old Canadian mom it seems self indulgent. I don't think this about anyone else who writes a blog, in fact I think when they do it it's quite brave.

That being said, over the last 2 years I have often thought "that would make a great blog post". I have decided that I want to write down all of the thoughts that swim around in my head if for no other reason but to get the thoughts in my head straight! Another reason why starting up the blog again was daunting was that I didn't want it to become a burden where I felt like I had to blog with a certain frequency in order to keep people's interest. Heaven forbid I should disappoint my readership! Ha ha!

So here's the deal. I'm going to write about whatever I feel like and if no one reads it, that's fine. If nothing else, it can be like a diary that I look back at in years to come (a diary that 8 billion people can read). If I go a few weeks without writing, that's fine. I need to remember that no one cares about me and my thoughts as much as I do so I'm sure your lives will go on without a post from me for a few weeks!

So Basking Canadian shall rise again! I still bask! I'm still a Canadian! To be continued... (oh, Jian Ghomeshi already took that tag line. I'll have to find my own)

No comments:

Post a Comment